Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Spicy Apple Muffins

From: Rochelle

This is another recipe from my wonderful cousin Natalie. Natalie and I were made in the same mold, I swear. We don't look alike but inside we are exact copies of one another! Anyway, Austin and I wanted something new for breakfast so we decided to make this yummy muffins! The spices in these muffins remind me of the fireplace and warmth and the sweet glaze kisses the top of each muffin. SO good!


Natalie's Spicy Apple Muffins

1
Egg
1/2 C
Milk
1/4 C
Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 C
Unsifted Flour ( I used whole-wheat)
1 1/2 t
Baking Powder
1/4 t
Salt
1/2 C
Brown Sugar- Packed
1 t
Cinnamon
1/4 t
Nutmeg
1 C
Apple-Peeled & Finely Chopped
1/2 C
Raisins (optional)
1/2 C
Chopped Nuts (Optional)

Beat egg and stir in oil and milk. Blend together next 6 ingredients. Stir into egg mixutre until flour is moistened. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.) Stir in fruit and nuts. Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes. While still warm drizzle glaze over tops.

Glaze:
1 C
Powdered Sugar -Sifted
1/4 t
Vanilla
4 t
Hot Water
Mix together 1 cup sifted powdered sugar, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract and 4 tsp hot water.


We made our muffins in a really cool muffin tin given to us at our wedding from one of my previous roommates, Kristen. I believe she got it from Ikea. They also sell the liners for their pan. It makes these skinny, tall muffins which are super cute! 

Fun Muffin Tin from Ikea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...