Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Easy Baked Cheese & Vegetable Twist

From: Rochelle

Austin and I ate this tonight and it was WAY yummy. For one of my classes last semester I had to make a family cookbook. My cousin, Natalie gave me this recipe. I tweaked it a little based on the veggies we had on hand, but it was WAY good! It is also prefect to take to work, school, etc. for a lunch!



Natalie's Easy Baked Cheese & Vegetable Twist

2
Eggs
4 oz
Cream Cheese- Softened (I used the low-fat kind)
1/2 C
Italian Three Cheese Blend- Shredded
3 C
Frozen Broccoli Cuts-Thawed, Drained
1/2 lb
Fresh mushrooms- cut into quarters*
1/2 C
Cherry Tomatoes-Cut in half*
4
Green Onions- Sliced*
2 (8 oz) Cans
Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls

Heat ovent to 375 degrees. Mix first 3 ingredients in large bowl until will blended. Stir in next 4 ingredients. Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange in 11-ince circle on parchment or foil lined baking sheet, with short sides or triangles overlapping in center and points of triangles toward outside.




Spoon cheese mixture onto dough near center or circle. Bring outside points of triangles up over filling, then tuck under dough in center of ring to cover filling. Bake 35 to 40 mins. or until crust is golden brown and filling is heated through.

*I replaced the mushrooms, tomatoes, and green onions with 1/2 a sweet bell pepper and1/4 of a regular onions in addition to the Broccoli. I also added 2 T of Italian dressing, a little bit of turkey, and salt and pepper to the mixture. 

Thanks Natalie! This was SUPER yummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...