Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Grandma's Dinner Rolls

From: Rochelle

This recipe is actually from my Grandma. She submitted this to the Family Cookbook. I thought I would try it out because I LOVE Grandma's rolls. I doubled the recipe and made a few tweaks, but they are SO yummy! We have gobbled almost all of them up and it as only been 3 days!

Grandma's Dinner Rolls
Makes 2 dozen large rolls


1 1/2 C Warm Water
2 Pkgs Yeast
1/2 C Sugar
1/2 C Honey
2 t Salt
2 Eggs
1/2 C Egg Substitute
1/2 C Butter
1/2 C Oil
4 C White Flour
4 C Whole-Wheat Flour

1. Combine water and yeast to dissolve.
2. Stir in sugar, honey, salt, eggs, butter,oil, and half of each kind of flour.
3. Add the rest of the flour and mix until smooth. It will be sticky but you can still handle it.
4. Shape in balls for rolls and place on cookie sheet greased or with parchment paper.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.



This are so tender and yummy! Austin and I like taking a fried egg and a slice of lunch meat and making a breakfast sandwhich. They would be perfect for a Sunday dinner or potluck. We would have these at Sunday dinners at my Grandma's. I love them!

Thanks Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...