Monday, December 20, 2010

Creamy Chicken Alfredo-Pesto Pizza

From: Rochelle

If you asked me what my favorite food was when I was younger, I would tell you pasta with Alfredo sauce. I LOVED it. If you ask me what one of my favorite foods now is, I would tell you Pesto. AH, I love it! Tonight my favorite flavors of a lifetime melded into this beautifully tasty pizza.  I give you Creamy Chicken Alfredo-Pesto Pizza.



Creamy Chicken Alfredo-Pesto Pizza


This is my favorite whole-wheat pizza dough recipe! Love it!


Rochelle's Whole Wheat Pizza Dough

1 1/2 C
All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 C
Whole-Wheat Flour
1 pkg
Active Dry Yeast
1/2 t
Salt
1 C
Warm Water
2 T
Cooking Oil

In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups for the flour, the yeast, and salt; add warm water and oil. Beat with an electric mixture on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Busing a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead enoug
h remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6-8 minutes total). Cover, let rest for 10 minutes. Roll out into the size of your pizza pan lightly flour the whole crust. Fold into fourths and transfer to pizza pan; unfold. Let rise for 5 minutes in warm oven.

 Bake at 400 degrees for 5-6 minutes. Put toppings on, and bake for an additional 6-8 minutes. 


Toppings:

The sauce was just 1/2-3/4 of a jar of Roasted Garlic Ragu Alfredo Sauce mixed with 1-2 Tablespoons of fresh pesto. After you bake the pizza crust for a little bit, spread the sauce on. Then we added our toppings which were:
  • Cooked Chicken-chopped
  • Green Onions
  • Mozzarella Cheese
  • Parmesan Cheese
  • Sun Dried Tomatoes (optional)
  • Spinach or sliced tomatoes might also be good on this pizza.
Then, just cook the pizza for 6 minutes or so. If you want your cheese brown and bubbly, you can put it under the broiler. I also like putting the cheese on last because it "tacks" down all of the other toppings. 

This pizza was just delightful!  This pizza is fairly healthy because it has a whole-wheat pizza crust, uses chicken instead of pepperoni, and half of the cheese is low-fat cheese. Just add a yummy salad and you've got a meal in about 20 minutes. It also taste great cold! Yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...