Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Asian Coleslaw

It's summer and we want fresh, tasty salads! Here's a great combo of colorful veggies to fill you up. The dressing is extremely flavorful, and I got to use my microplane (that Rochelle & Austin gave me for Mother's Day) to get finely shredded fresh ginger :) I love it! What I really like about this salad is you keep the veggies separate from the dressing, so you can have fresh salad all week long.


Asian Coleslaw

4 cups shredded green cabbage
3 cups shredded napa cabbage
3 cups shredded red cabbage
1/2 c. diced onion/green or red
1 cup chopped cilantro
1 1/2 cups julienned carrots
1-2 red peppers, thinly sliced
Add garbanzo beans, rinsed just before serving

Dressing:
2 T. fresh ginger, grated
1-2 T. minced garlic
6 T. rice vinegar
6 T. oil
3-5 T. peanut butter
3 T. soy sauce
3 T. brown sugar

Just before serving, drizzle dressing on mixed veggies. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...